Thursday, October 28, 2010

Media Diary

Tuesday, Oct 26
Today I woke up with TNT on my television, after a few minutes of the television program a herbal essence commercial came on. I didn't pay to much attention to it, it more so made me want to take a shower. I then turned on my computer and got on facebook. I tried to actually see what kinds of ads were on facebook and didn't even realize how many there were. I saw many ads advertising different things like clothing and shoes and stuff. I also realized how many ads popped up. I wouldn't say that these ads are that affective for me because I dont pay much if any attention to them at all. I more so think that they are a distraction and get in the way when I am trying to do things on the computer. Through out the day i probably spent a total of 30 mins in my car, and the radio was on the whole time. I feel that this is the best way for me to listen, hear and remember the ads that come my way. I always sing along to the radio so I love when there are commercials that have catchy tunes that I can remember, and i more than likely will be caught singing them throughout the day.

Tuesday I didnt have class and i spend most my time at work so I don't get much time to spend seeing advertisements. But when i got off work at 4 I walked to my only class and saw alot of chalking around school on the sidewalks. I think that this is a great way for the school organizations to advertise but not  so much of a global thing.

On Wednesday I had class from 8 to noon so my whole morning i wasnt really exposed to many advertising. The most I saw were posters, fliers, and chalking around school. I dont really pay attention to them, because i still  feel that they get in the way for me going on the way to class and stuff.

After class i had an hour between school and work and I once again didn't have time to see many advertisements. After work I went to the rec and came home to do homework. So throughout the day i wasn't really exposed.

For me and I think many students advertisements are something that collage students and many people almost don't have time for. I feel that for many of us it gets in the way of our daily lives. Although i feel this way i just feel that collage students aren't a main real-in when coming to many things except food, clothes, and booze.

For me the best way to get through me in an advertisement is defiantly radio. This is something that I actually have time to listen to during a hectic day. A catchy tune will always catch my ear and I feel that it really grasps a persons attention and can maintain their attention throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment